Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 10

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nova
Prime
Prime
Nova

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 10 Empty
PostSubject: H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 10   H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am

Chapter Ten: The Class of 2011, a Memorial

Joe and I had successfully equipped the entire class with some make shift weapon or another, along with the brooms and mops we swiped form the janitor’s closet. We all barely fit in the RV, but was I glad we lived in a small town. Any more, and people would have to be on the roof. “So, where are we heading first?” Someone asked. I turned around from the passenger seat, seeing as I at least let Orlando drive, and addressed them all.
“Alright, first, before going to another town, I was thinking we could stop off at the Wal-Mart distribution center outside of town. That way, we could swipe stuff, and have another large vehicle, like one of those trucks,” I explained. Orlando was already aware of this plan, and was turning into the driveway. Only one large truck was in sight, so that would have to be the one. As the RV slowed to a stop, I stood up, ready to speak. They all grew silent.
“Okay, now that we’re here, I’ll go over the plan again. First, a small team consisting of Joe, Arthur, and Donny will get that other truck ready to go, and back it up to the door. Another small team, consisting of Orlando, Connor, and myself will go get the door open, and take down any zombies inside. The rest of, cover both teams, seeing as there are some zombies outside. Understood?” I queried. A mumble of agreement followed. “Good. Now, let’s move out!”
We all quickly divided into our groups, and moved out. For a short time, everything was running smooth. Joe had the truck going, and the rest of the class was easily taking down the small force of zombies outside. Orlando and I had easily got the door open, and taken down the three zombies in worker’s vests. It was all running so smoothly. Then, it happened. From behind me I hard it. A long, drawn out howl. I turned around in horror to see a zombie with a broken broom handle sticking out of its chest, the owner of the handle, Donny.
“What did I tell you?!” I asked/yelled at him.” In the head!” He apologetically pulled the handle out, and finished the zombie, but the war cry had already been made. Down the road, and through the fog ran a horde of the undead. Each foaming and gnashing, ready to take down our class. I watched in horror as they swarmed and killed them all, excluding the two small teams. Joe jumped out of the truck, parked relatively close to me. He was panting.
“Nick…*pant* *pant* we have a problem!” Joe yelled.
“Understatement of the century. Where’s Arthur?” I asked.
“He…,” Joe started, but then fell mute.
“Well?” I insisted.
“He didn’t ant to get in the truck, so he stayed behind to help Donny. He also stayed behind. Something about not wanting to ditch the class,” Joe explained.
“So, my little brother is in that swarm of death?” I asked, not expecting an answer. “I’m going in after him,” I said, flatly. I pulled out a handgun and charged. Joe, surprisingly followed, along with Orlando. Connor stayed behind, but I didn’t blame him, since he didn’t have a gun. I yelled my own battle cry, and fired. Joe and Orlando followed. Each shot hit, without a doubt, and killed its target. Even in the flurry of undeath, I had a clear aim. I was heading towards where I had last seen Arthur, as Orlando followed. Joe, seemed to be attempting to save others, with no avail, seeing as he had to soon after shoot them too. As I ran through, blowing apart one after the other, I saw it. Arthur, screaming on the ground, as Jordan stood over him. I pulled the trigger at the target about ten yards away, but was out of ammo. I dropped the gun (stupid move #1) and pulled out the silenced one. I fired a shot at Jordan, but by this time, he had a horrific bite out of my brother. The shot hit his shoulder, and he almost spun off Arthur. I fired another, which struck his leg. I was missing out of pain. I ran over to Arthur but it was too late. It seemed he was gone, a bite out of his neck killed him. I bent down, and closed his eyes, thinking the bitten had to still be alive to transform (stupid move #2). Orlando dropped to his knees before him, scooping up our once little brother. I stepped over his body, knowing I had work to finish. As I walked to the Jordan Shadow (from then on, any zombie of a person I knew became a “shadow”, a mockery of life once known), I noticed it still eyed me curiously, as an animal does a human. I didn’t care anymore if it faintly remembered me or if it would talk in Jordan’s voice and be him once more. I fired a shot, which hit its chest. It fell to the ground. I walked over to it, and fired again, this time at its head. It still wasn’t dead, but I thought it was. Making sure to exact my revenge, I walked over still and lifted my leg above its head, preparing to stomp what I thought was a re-dead zombie. Suddenly, it rolled out of the way, and leapt on top of me, making me drop the gun. I had to fight it off, so I did the first thing that came to mind. I kicked it in the face. Unfortunately, it dodged, and bit me right in the ankle. I hollered in agony, and knew I was done. Prepared to die, I shook up a Works bomb, and dropped it at the bitten leg. Unfortunately, it didn’t work as well as I wished, for, though it blew apart Jordan’s head, it only blew off my leg. I screamed again in agony. I pulled away from the mess, after finishing the scream. My leg was gone from the knee down, but I considered committing suicide, seeing as maybe it hadn’t spread in the short time. Maybe I wasn’t a zombie, but if I didn’t get out of there, I soon would be. Suddenly, from behind me, I heard a gun shot. I turned around to see Orlando holding his now bleeding neck, and a twitching Arthur on the ground. Apparently, he turned, and had bitten Orlando.
“Nick!” Orlando yelled. “Nick! He bit me!”
“I see that!” I yelled back. He ran up to me, and noticed my leg.
“Nick, your leg?” he asked surprised.
“I know. I blew it off myself,” I answered.
“Nick, I’m going to drag you to Joe, okay?” He asked, and handed me the rifle I let him have. “Cover me. Then, I need you to do something.”
“What’s that?” I asked.
“I’ll let you know,” He said solemnly. He then grabbed me by the shoulders, and dragged me to Joe, who was at the RV. I needed not to provide a lot of cover, seeing as we had taken all the rest down. He made sure to avoid dragging me through pools of blood, probably a precaution to make sure I didn’t get my wound infected. As he neared Joe, he dropped me and said “Now Nick, kill me.”
“WHAT?!” Joe and I both yelled.
“You know I’ve been bitten, now end me, please,” he said, a tear in his eye. “I don’t want to be like that,” he motioned towards the fog. “Please Nick.”
“Orlando, I can’t do that.” I said quietly.
“Nick! Fine, will you do it Joe?” He asked. Joe nodded. I wasn’t going to stop it, for I knew the truth. Joe led Orlando out of my sight, into the fog, and I heard nothing for a minute. Then, a bang. Joe started to walk back, a blank look in his face.
Back to top Go down

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 10
Page 1 of 1