Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nova
Prime
Prime
Nova

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 12 Empty
PostSubject: H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 12   H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:28 am

Chapter Twelve: Rescue

As I lay there, excepting my fate, ready to join my friends, and about to collapse out of a lack of blood, I saw it. The bright lights. I was lying on the ground, with my head lolled back towards the lights, with my hands outstretched towards the light. Suddenly, I noticed the light was approaching me, not vice-versa, and was being produced by twos sources, like…HEADLIGHTS! I rolled out of the way, as the large truck, a Bronco to be exact, with heavy armor and a turret mounted on top, came to a screeching halt right where my head was. “What the Fu…!” was all I could manage before a tall, older man stepped out of the driver’s side and looked down at me. He kind of looked like Sean Connery.
“What’s your name boy?” he asked in a Scottish accent.
“Sean Connery?” I asked.
“Yes?” He answered, in a questioning tone. “Now, who are you?”
“Uhh…I’m…Nick. Nicodemus Ulysses Nova,” I answered. “Why are you here?”
“Well, it seems we’re here to save you, Nicholas,” he said.
“It’s Nicode…,” I started. Then, I noticed he said “we”. “Wait! We?” I asked.
“Oh, yes, Nicholas, I’m not alone,” he said calmly, almost as if it wasn’t the zombie apocalypse. He raised a hand, and three other people came out of the Bronco. A scrawny short kid, almost my age, strapped with explosives, a large hulking man, about thirty or so, with a chain gun, and a tall girl, with short brown hair and glasses, about eighteen or so with a machine gun. Was this really his team? His A-Team wanna be? The kid was bouncing up and down, as if he didn’t take his meds this morning, the big guy was looking around like a kid at a carnival, the girl obviously wasn’t all there, letting her mind wander elsewhere, and Sean was still standing there with his hand up.
“And, you all are?” I asked, quite rudely. Sean only lowered his hand towards the mob, and the A-Team fired away. They were extremely proficient. The kid lugged grenades like a baseball pitcher, each exploding exactly at contact, like he knew the exact timing of each. Maybe he did. The big guy charged forwards, and quickly let loose a barrage of bullets, none missing a zombie. The girl fired her gun only three times, and dropped about twelve of the things. The whole time, she almost looked graceful…with a machine gun. My jaw dropped in awe, as they wiped the field clean. The big guy walked back to the spaz, and gave him a high-five. He girl simply retreated back into the Bronco, obviously avoiding further contact. Sean turned to the big guy and said “Slugger, help our new friend Nicholas here.”
“Yes sir,” “Slugger” said, as he reached down and scooped me up like a rag doll. I attempted to struggle, but I felt weak after all the blood loss.
“Say, Nicholas, would it be alright if we took your RV, seeing as it’s filled with supplies?” Sean asked. I allowed my eyes to wander to the near RV, and noticed the spaz was already rifling through it.
“Are these The Works bombs?” He yelled holding up two Joe must have left behind. “I haven’t played with these in ages!”
“Yeah, you can take the RV Sean,” I sighed.
“Alright than,” Sean said. “Slugger load up some stuff in our new vehicle, along with Nick. Rachel, can you drive the Bronco?” She moved up to the front seat and nodded.
“Let’s get going than,” I said, unenthused. I wasn’t going to like not being in charge, but I’d try to keep up in the roster. So, that was when I was loaded like cargo into my RV, and went on my new adventure.
Back to top Go down

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 12
Page 1 of 1