Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 9

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nova
Prime
Prime
Nova

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 9 Empty
PostSubject: H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 9   H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:22 am

Chapter Nine: Class Reunion

As I drove the awkward vehicle into town, hitting many a “road bump” along the way, I scanned the area for any signs of the actual living. I decided, after seeing none, to gas up at the Stewart’s, and have Joe look inside. As I was gassing up, I noticed a lot of zombie activity, but all of it avoiding me, so I saved my ammo. At fist, I made nothing of it, seeing as they were all headed towards the school. Then, it hit me. “The school,” I mumbled. Joe came out with two Amps and a bag of chips, but no survivors.
“What’s up?” he asked, through the munching of chips. I remembered neither of us had eaten all day.
“All the zombies are heading for the school. There must be survivors,” I stated.
“Mmhmm…,” Joe concurred. “It’s too bad we can’t save ’em and all, seeing as you said ‘all the zombies are heading towards the school,’ and we have no where near enough ammo to take out that many.”
“No, Joe, we can do it,” I said. “Now, load up the RV with food, and let’s go!” I ordered. I walked towards the door of the RV.
“Hold on Nick! We should load up and get the hell outta here! We can’t save ‘em all, and even if we did, that’d be less food and equipment for us! Think about it!” Joe yelled to me.
“Listen Joe,” I almost hissed. I turned around and continued. “We are NOT going to leave survivors behind to die. If anything else, it’ll be more people to fight, seeing as we can’t fire every gun we have at once. It’s better to travel in a pack, after all.” I finished. Going through the logic of it in my head made me cool down a bit from almost hitting him. “So, let’s go!”
“Fine, whatever!” Joe responded. We hopped into the RV and turned towards the school.
“Joe, when I get up close, use the flamethrowers and Napalm to torch ‘em! We can easily get stuff to remake those inside the school!” I commanded, throwing him my flamethrower. “Ready?” I asked, as we approached a large crowd trying to get into the school. Joe opened his window. “NOW!” Joe torched about eight in the first blast, and another five in the second. The flamethrowers worked like a charm. Then, he sprayed Napalm over the rest who weren’t ablaze, and we watched the crowd go up in smoke. I quickly reversed out of the bonfire of the living dead, and watched them burn.
“We’re out,” Joe said flatly, shaking the cans and squirt gun.
“It’s fine, like I said, we’ll make more inside,” I answered. “Let’s go,” I said, after most of them were done. As we walked towards the door, I smugly turned to Joe and said smugly “And you thought we couldn’t get ‘em all!”
“Whatever, they’re only dead because I kick so much ***. Besides, you said all of the zombies, and this obviously isn’t all of the people in town,” he retorted, just as smugly.
“Well, let’s hope the rest are alive than,” I said. I walked up to the door and knocked, but heard no response. “OPEN UP!” I yelled. Still, no response. Maybe there were no survivors. We still needed equipment, so I kicked down the door.
“WHAT THE HELL NICK?!” an unknown person yelled. I turned to see Orlando and Arthur, sitting in the lobby, along with most of my class.
“What are you all doing here?” I asked. I knew something was going on today, but I didn’t bother to remember anything else.
“It’s the summer supper, remember?” an annoyed Donnovan, our class representative, asked. He looked pretty stern, but I never cared before.
“Yeah, it’s also the end of the damn world,” Joe replied, with a more serious tone.
“What an excuse,” Donny began. He rolled his eyes, and moved along; as if he didn’t believe me “you should have both been here. You agreed…”
I interrupted “I agreed to nothing of the sort! Coming back to school in the middle of July, to cook and serve old people supper was not in my planner!”
“You agreed, along with the rest of the class at the end of the school year!” Donny retorted. “Don’t you care about our class at all? Don’t you want to go on an amazing class trip at the end of the year?”
“No, I want to be able to leave my house without having to stomp a zombie!” I yelled back. Actually, I found zombie stomping a sport now, but that wasn’t the point.
“What is with you, and this whole zombie apocalypse thing? Are you guys messing with us? Is that why people haven’t returned yet, your idea of a prank?” Donny asked interrogatively.
“What?” I asked, sounding a mix between inquisitive and angry. “Who’d you send out?”
“Jordan, Sam, Hannah, and…uhh…KJ. I sent them out to get supplies.” Donny explained.
“Well, let’s see, you sent them out to get supplies, and now they’re all zombies. Or, at least Jordan,” I said coldly.
“Enough with this zombie ****!” Donny yelled. “The joke’s gone on long enough!” Annoyed, I then ripped open my coat, like some creepy flasher almost, and revealed my plethora of concealed weapons. Donny and the rest stepped back, and gasped with horror. “Why do you have those?” Donny asked nervously.
“Yes, Nick, why do you have my guns?” Orlando asked, pissed off to another level of angry. He stepped forward, with a hand held out. “Give ‘em to me Nick. NOW!” he ordered. I held my ground, and refused. It was then I finally remembered the dinner that day. Orlando was here because he was a chaperone or something, and Arthur couldn’t be left alone with me after last time.
Without as much as a word, I stepped outside, through the hole I made, and grabbed a half living zombie, burned quite bad, around the scruff of the neck. I dragged it inside, and dropped it to the floor. As it screamed and howled, I shot it in the chest, and the crowd looked on in horror, as it continued to flail around, gnashing its teeth. The pus started to protrude from the bullet hole, but it continued. “Ya see folks,” I said “ya hafta kill a zombie by getting it in the head.” I pulled out the silenced gun, and aimed. Unfortunately, the zombie decided to get up at that time, and race towards Donny. Lucky for him, about two feet in front of his terror frozen form, I shot it the leg, then the head. It died on the spot. “And, that’s how Nick Nova proved the world was ending,” I said, with a smirk on my face.
“Oh my gawd!” one kid yelled.
“We have to leave!” another yelled. Orlando calmed them down with one swipe of his hands, and had them sit down.
“Alright guys, it’s apparent we can’t stay here. We need some way to get out of here, and enough weapons for everybody. So, everybody, if we could all just neatly line up, and…” Orlando started. He was always a good leader. Too bad, I was in charge.
“Not so fast Orlando,” I said, not taking my gaze off of him. “First, I’d like to be fed, for providing the whole class with weapons and a way out of here!” I exclaimed, holding up the keys to the RV. “Secondly, I’m in charge, not you. Now, everybody, let’s eat and get out of here. I was thinking we could head to another small town, and from there pick up more survivors. Sound good?” I asked. They all nodded, even Orlando, though I could see annoyance in his eye. Joe and I sat down to eat, while discussing further plans with the class on how to survive this thing. I felt like a king, surrounded by loyal followers. That feeling would change soon.
Back to top Go down

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live it up a little. :: Short(Or not so short) Stories :: Nova's :: H.R.R.-
Jump to: