Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Subject Alpha: Prologue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Level: 1
Hit Points:
Subject Alpha: Prologue Left_bar_bleue50/50Subject Alpha: Prologue Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Subject Alpha: Prologue Empty
PostSubject: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:33 pm

“Commander, I’ve found something!” Arka Johnson tapped the button on her comm as she looked at the small cage. “Or, rather, someone.” The cage was small, barely large enough to hold the being inside. There wasn’t even room to stick a finger between the bars. A young- or young looking, at least- girl sat inside, eyes shut tightly. Feline paws covered wolf like ears, which were pressed flat against her skull. Large, fluffy and soft looking green wings wrapped mostly around the girl, who’s knees were pulled up to her chest. A bushy tail, green in coloration, wrapped around her knees, hiding taloned feet. She was covered in downy white fur. Her face was thin, almost asian looking beneath the fur, with a pointed chin. She had a bit of extra ‘fluff’ atop her head, that mimicked the appearance of thick white hair. All she wore was a set of metal shackles that covered her torso and privates. The lock was melted on, and a chain stuck out of the back, attaching to the bars of the cage.
“Hostile, or not?” The commander’s voice came over the line. “I don’t think so, commander. She looks pretty young, and she’s in a cage. I’m going to try to talk to her, she seems scared.” Arka frowned, looking at the tiny girl. “Do that. I’ll send some men to your position to help secure her for transit. But, Johnson?” “Yes, Commander?” There was a hint of concern in the Commander’s voice, as he asked, “Just how young are we talking, here?” Arka hesitated, looking at the girl in the cage. “...My rough estimate puts her at maybe four. But she could just be small for her age.” There was silence for a moment. “...Assume non-hostile, then, but proceed with caution.” “Yessir.”
Arka knelt in front of the cage. “Hey sweety... Are you okay?” She spoke softly, trying not to scare the child further then she evidently already was. There was a soft whine from inside the cage as the girl pulled her wings tighter. “Shh... Shh, it’s okay sweety, you’re okay, I’m not going to hurt you. Look at me, dear.” The girl clearly didn’t want to, but she hesitantly lifted her head, opening shockingly violet, snake like eyes. Arka smiled reassuringly. “There we go, that’s better. I’m going to get you out of here, okay sweety?” Another whine as the girl cringed and curled tightly against the back of her cage.
Arka frowned. The child clearly couldn’t be left in there, but she just as clearly wanted to stay. She pressed the button on her comm again. “I think it’d be best to leave her in the cage while we transport her, commander. She showed signs of distress when I mentioned removing her from the cage.” “Understood Johnson. Williams and Smith will be arriving at your position momentarily, to help transport her to the rendezvous point.” “Understood, commander.”
Sure enough, she heard footfalls as two of her fellow soldiers arrived. “This is the girl?” Melody Smith peered into the cage. Melody had dark brown, shoulder length hair, and dark skin, which spoke volumes of her hispanic origins. Jeffrey Williams, on the other hand, had short blond hair with pale skin, and a constantly disapproving look. He looked down at the cage. “...Awfully small, ain’t she?” The little girl inside cringed at his voice with a soft whine. Arka shot him a glare before looking back at the girl. “It’s okay sweety, Jeff’s all bark and no bite. He won’t hurt you.” Serpentine eyes peeked out at her, and Jeffrey tried to smile reassuringly, though it came across as more of a grimace. The tiny girl sniffled, and only now did Arka notice the damp tear tracks on the fur of her face. “Oh, sweety...”
The soldier’s heart went out to the frightened child, and were the cage not in the way, she would have hugged her. Instead, she just turned to the others. “Let’s get her out of here. Careful, we don’t want to jostle her around.” Melody and Jeffrey nodded, and with a bit of effort, they managed to lift the cage. The child inside whines softly,, hooking her talons through the mesh as they started to carry it out. It was slow going, as they had to avoid rubble, bodies, and fires from the earlier fight, but eventually, they felt a breeze on their faces. “We’re almost there, sweety, it’s alright.” Arka smiled reassuringly at the little girl, who was crying mutely in the cage, curled up as small as possible, face hidden in her knees. Commander Matthews was waiting for us when we got out. He had short black hair, with dark skin and hazel eyes. He was well muscled, arms crossed over his chest. “Did we find anyone else, commander?” Smith sounded hopeful when she asked, and I swear, if she hadn’t been helping carry the cage, she would have drooped when he shook his head. As it was, she lowered her eyes. “Oh...” The commander knelt slightly to look in the cage. “This is the girl, Johnson?” Arka nodded, as the child cringed and let out a soft whine, pressing herself against the wall of the cage closest to her, her fur brushing against Arka’s fingers.
“She’s frightened. With your permission, sir, I think it would be best if I rode in the back with her.” Arka brushed her fingers against the fur poking through the mesh, glancing down at the terrified child. “Permission granted. We’ll remove her from the cage once we get to the base.” “Yessir.” As Arka and the others loaded the cage into the back, and strapped it in, Arka couldn’t help but get the feeling that it was going to be a -long- few days.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Subject Alpha: Prologue Left_bar_bleue50/50Subject Alpha: Prologue Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

PostSubject: Re: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Right, so. New story that I WILL finish and get published, I swear. And I'm going to offer y'all the same offer I've given everyone on Deviant Art- Supply me with a name, and if I use the one you give me, I *will* draw something for you, of your choice. Except for rated M stuff, that is. I'm not good at nekkid people.
Back to top Go down
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:17 am

I still want my character's picky!
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:49 pm

It is happening. I have overcome my technical details, there will be a picky.
Anyway- thoughts on the story?
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:34 am

You know me better than to ask that, Silly.
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:47 am

*Pouty!*
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Maybe when I get more of Volume Two done...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subject Alpha: Prologue   Subject Alpha: Prologue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subject Alpha: Prologue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live it up a little. :: Short(Or not so short) Stories :: Shadow's :: Subject Alpha-
Jump to: