Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nova
Prime
Prime
Nova

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 5 Empty
PostSubject: H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 5   H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:04 am

Chapter Five: One Man Down

Joe led us through the dimly lit hallway, to the door to the attic. I had never gone past that door, so its contents were still a mystery. “Through here,” Joe said.
“What?” Kevin stammered. The bleeding was getting worse.
“You’ll see.” Joe said. He led us up to a big chest in the middle of the attic floor. He opened it up, and inside were two shotguns.
“Shotguns?” I asked, more dryly then inquisitively.
“Yeah, they were my grandpa’s! He gave ‘em to me,” Joe said.
“Your grandpa kept two shotguns in a chest?” I asked.
“Yeah, he was a bit weird.” Joe answered.
“A bit?” I asked, not expecting an answer. “You’re grandfather passed away, and he gave you two shotguns in a chest? What did he expect you to do with two shotguns?”
“WAIT!” My quick observation struck Joe. “Only two?”
“They’re yours, genius! You should know!” I yelled.
“Yeah, but my mom doesn’t let me see ‘em really. Only two? Are you…” Joe started.
I interrupted, “Yes Joe, only two!”
“This is a problem,” Joe said. “There’s three of us!”
“I’m quite aware Joe,” I said, eyeing the gun I was going to claim.
“Damn…,” Joe muttered.
I started to load the gun with the ammo in the chest. Joe still looked puzzled. We were unaware of Kevin behind us. He was coughing blood and mucus, turning into one of them. Joe finally turned to look at him. “Kevin?” No response. “Kevin?!”
Kevin looked up at us, and howled. He was one of them. “Kevin, NO!” Kevin charged. Joe was almost crying, and not thinking clearly. He wanted his friend. I wanted it dead. It was about a foot from Joe, and then…BOOM! One moment a walking, killing shell of Kevin, next moment, brains splattered on the wall. I threw a startled Joe the other shotgun.
“Problem solved…,” I said, with little remorse in my tone.
Back to top Go down

H.R.R. Book 1: The Beginning - Chapter 5
Page 1 of 1