Live it up a little.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live it up a little.

A group of roleplayers, Aliens, Robots, Crazies, Gods, Nekos, Kitsunes, and other such creatures. Nothing to see here, move along.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible RP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:
Possible RP Left_bar_bleue50/50Possible RP Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Okay, so I've been thinking about ideas for a RP that I was considering making and I think I've come up with the main sort of idea for it. Basically, the characters will be a group of people, and one day, they wake up, and it's been, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, I dunno, I can't decide yet, but they wake up, and don't remember anything from that time frame. The world is in disarray, and there is no humans in sight, and everything is on fire and in chaos. Although there are no people, there are mutant sorts of creatures (still haven't decided their origin or what they are.), and they're trying to just survive.
Back to top Go down
Alamyst
When I'm home alone, I like to pretend I'm a potato.
Alamyst

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 1:31 am

It's an interesting idea, I like it, and I'll join it when it goes up.
Back to top Go down
http://What website...org
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 am

M'kay, and I still haven't decided what time frame it's going to be in yet, any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Alamyst
Alamyst

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 am

I am terrible at naming things, even Forgotten Tomes is just pretty much another word for Lost Chapters.
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 am

I meant about the time that it should be set in.
Back to top Go down
Alamyst
Alamyst

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 am

Oh, XD, I'd say very near future, say 100-200 years from now.
Back to top Go down
shadearion
Baby seal with a switchblade
shadearion

Character sheet
Name: Kraznun TD
Level: 1
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:07 am

URINE POWERS!
Back to top Go down
Nova
Prime
Prime
Nova

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Being a dick, but...   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Mi'j wrote:
Okay, so I've been thinking about ideas for a RP that I was considering making and I think I've come up with the main sort of idea for it. Basically, the characters will be a group of people, and one day, they wake up, and it's been, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, I dunno, I can't decide yet, but they wake up, and don't remember anything from that time frame. The world is in disarray, and there is no humans in sight, and everything is on fire and in chaos. Although there are no people, there are mutant sorts of creatures (still haven't decided their origin or what they are.), and they're trying to just survive.
Right now, this is nothing more than a big steaming pile of generic, cliche, trope-filled, and otherwise overused doodie. I say "right now," because I'd like to think you're still brainstorming this and are currently debating where to go with this. If you're not, and you think this general outline will suffice... DO SOME FUCKING BRAINSTORMING NOW!!!

Lol. No, no Lol for you. I was serious. The lack of detail is really what's killing me. There are questions that need to be answered. If you can't in fear of spoilers, think "Why can't I answer this?" and plan accordingly to the story's flow. Ponder these, if you haven't already;
How far back does the amnesia go? Whole life or just "one day... and now this!"? Do the characters know why they have amnesia? Will the characters retain skills of their past experiences, with or without knowledge of those experiences? Are the characters familiar with their surroundings? Are all the characters locals of their newly changed environment, or are they all lumped into a new place altogether with no recollection? Do/can they know each other? What IS the time period? Do the characters know/understand the flow of time from the beginning of their amnesia? Why are their mutants? Were they once human? What type of mutants for that matter? How do the mutants act? How will the characters be expected to react to these antagonists? By that, I mean is this a constant game of hide-and-seek, a survival horror game, or are you going to go with the super powers element? If survival, will the characters be provided with weaponry, or will they makeshift as they go along? If powers, what are the limits? Psychic/ESP shit to aid in running, or full on LAZER EYES?! They go on and on.

Lastly, a post-apocalyptic game, even a cliche one, can be driven by its story. What is your story? That much I expect you to keep mostly under wraps, but I do want you to think long and hard. A never ending, rinse and repeat cycle of combat for combat's sake works well with games like D&D, but for a forum based text RPG, you'll leave players seriously annoyed and frustrated by the lack of originality, even if you CAN come up with unique and strategical encounters every time. We want story! We want character development! We want JUSTICE!!!

Sorry to nitpick your idea so shortly after I return, but this information is needed to assess my interest in your game. I've been wanting to join a new game recently, and yours has potential to be golden. It just needs some refinement. Right now, I can't make out whether you're going for a Nuclear Fallout twist on 28 Days Later or what...
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm

First off, that is completely fine. As a matter of fact, that is pretty much the main reason that I made this thread so that I could get everyone's opinion on the idea and help revise it. And no, it's not what it's going to be, that is simply the basic skeleton of the roleplay, I won't be making it for a good while, until I'm absolutely comfortable with it and know that everyone else will like it as well. Thanks for your impact and: WELCOME BACK!
Back to top Go down
Alamyst
Alamyst

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Ow ow ow ow OOOWWWWW! Brain hurts, too many words... Well hello, I don't think we've met properly yet, Hi, I'm insane!
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 pm

You -wish- you were as insane as me!
Back to top Go down
Alamyst
Alamyst

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm close, you can't blame me for trying...
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Harumph, now, back to about the RP.
Back to top Go down
Nova
Prime
Prime
Nova

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 12:36 am

Alamyst wrote:
Ow ow ow ow OOOWWWWW! Brain hurts, too many words...
TL;DR -
Too generic to care right now. MOAR!!
By the way, I tend to type a lot in my posts, as to make every one count, so get used to it champ.

Mi'j wrote:
First off, that is completely fine. As a matter of fact, that is pretty much the main reason that I made this thread so that I could get everyone's opinion on the idea and help revise it. And no, it's not what it's going to be, that is simply the basic skeleton of the roleplay, I won't be making it for a good while, until I'm absolutely comfortable with it and know that everyone else will like it as well. Thanks for your impact and: WELCOME BACK!
Not that I can remember who you are with the unfamiliar name and all, but thanks for the welcome. I'm the man formerly known as Nova, but I'm pretty sure you already got that much. Just thought I'd be polite.

Now, as for your game; first off I think we need to settle down on a genre. It's a lot easier to expand on EVERYTHING else, once you define where the game would fit in on a bookshelf. I like the idea of a Vanilla Mortal Survival Game more than a Powers Game, because those ALWAYS get out of hand. That, and it's hard to give a shit about any sort of threat once you know your character is God.

Though, pondering it over, minor psionic-type enhancements such as future sight, a 6th sense for danger, etc. could be a cool idea, seeing as it'd add a new twist to a classic game. That, and you could easily explain their powers as minor mutations, not unlike less severe versions of what the antagonists will be. That could also lead to later-game baddies with rivaling psychic powers, which could be cool. It might also explain their amnesia; ya know, having their brain fucked and all? It even gives you excuse to not give us hardcore weaponry like rocket launchers and grenades. Impromptu weaponry for the win.

But, that's just me. Time traveling and psychics are kinda my two biggest nerd fetishes. Lol.

Then, there's setting. It has to match the story and genre, obviously, but also be a place where story and characters can flourish. First off, I'm voting no fantasy. It didn't sound like you were going that way anyway, but I thought it needed said to be safe. Too futuristic could be a pain in the ass too, seeing as it'd mean designing tech that we'd probably never use. I'm thinking modern to very near future. "In the year 20XX" sort of thing. Easy enough. Or, maybe, if you wanted to try something different (at least for compared to what I've seen here), go for the near past. Nothing past 20th century, but the idea of Roaring Twenties Mutant Fest or Cold-War Age Army Experiment Gone Awry could be neat. It'd force the players to do a bit of research, while limiting tech and maximizing the use of potentially really neat history "accurate" tie-ins. That, and all the research for setting has been done for you; see Wikipedia.

Once again though, just me throwing out potential ideas. I'm not saying use them to a T, but let's bounce off each other here and see what we get!

Also; ANUS!!!
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:23 am

Yeah, I was thinking for the genre a more survival type roleplay than the fantasy, 'cause we already have way to many of those on the forum anyways. I've been considering whether or not there will be the psionic abilities for the characters, although I am leaning towards something like that.

Something I've just been toying with, nothing certain at all, is the idea that each character gets a particular, everyday item that does something that it surrounds, but shouldn't normally do, like a stopwatch that when stopped, stops time, a book that when something is written in it, that happens, so on and so forth. The reason I'm not entirely sure if I want to do that or not is because it seems like it would be far to easy to abuse that.

And what you were saying about the brain being fucked with. Not sure if you meant that there were scientists or chemicals or something like that or if just their powers fucked them up and gave them amnesia. But anyways, that kind of works out with what I was thinking for the starting area, where they're all locked in different rooms, that are almost like cells. And yes, TIME TRAVEL FTW!

Well, for the setting I was kind of thinking around the same lines you are about the setting, and I was thinking about modern times, and they wake up in a huge, demolished city, with nothing there but them and the mutant creatures.

And now for the ideas that I've had:
~Creatures, should they be some sort of animal/human/plant that mutated by some sort of chemical or science 'project' and got seriously fucked up and killed everyone, or should they be some sort of hellspawn demon that crawled out of the earth, flaming with fire and darkness and death and all that good shit?
~Should the destruction of the world be the cause of the mutated creatures, or should the mutated creatures be the cause of the destruction, 'cause at this point I'm sitting on the fence.
~I'm thinking that the characters are the only humans that are still alive, although I would be willing to consider how other humans can be worked into the story.
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:35 am

I would go for some new type of hybrid, seeing as the fiery hellspawn seem a tad too fantasy/unrealistic, and the hybrids would fit your overall idea of mutation. I like the whole, we fucked up, then they fucked us up aspect, but that's just personal opinion. It would make more sense if there were other humans. How will your creatures be driven? Limited intelligence? Hive mind? Will there be people who sell out their kind for the sake of survival? Will it be simply scavenger, or will there be, if there are other humans around, some sort of bartering system? Definitely some things I'd like to know, but you know me, I'll give pretty much any RP a chance.
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:50 am

Yeah, I was thinking about that afterwords and I'm probably gonna go with the mutation, and I've been looking at the different types of powers that they could have.
Back to top Go down
shadearion
shadearion

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 am

DO EET
Back to top Go down
Shali
Admin
Admin
Shali

Character sheet
Name: Lana
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 am

I like the general idea, so far it has a kinda 'sciencey' feel to it, which is nifty. However, you should definitely put LIMITS on what any powers you'd give people would allow them to do, otherwise, it's gonna be *really* easy to abuse.

Also, Nova? WELCOME BACK!
Back to top Go down
Mi'j
God of Time
God of Time
Mi'j

Character sheet
Name:
Level:
Hit Points:

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 5:57 am

Yup, that's what I was thinking, and about the creatures, I'm thinking that it's a sort of case where it varies on each different species.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possible RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible RP   Possible RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Live it up a little. :: Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: